$849.99 USD – Sold Out
This custom museum display showcases an absolute masterpiece, an Authentic Carved Blue Polychrome(painted) pottery Nephthys Head Funerary Amulet dating from the Ptolemaic Period 332–30 B.C. This amulet was finely carved depicting a female in human form with a tripartite wig and wearing the headdress in the shape of a house and basket, representing her name, means quite specifically, "Lady of the (Temple) Enclosure" which associates her with the role of priestess. The face is beautifully defined with incised mouth, large almond shaped eyes and faint ears.
Nephthys was one of the original five gods of ancient Egypt born of the union of Geb (earth) and Nut (sky) after the creation of the world. She was the fourth born after Osiris, Isis, and Set and was the older sister of Horus (usually referred to as Horus the Elder). As one of the earliest goddesses of Egypt, she was a member of the Ennead of Heliopolis, a tribunal of nine deities of immense power. Temples to Nephthys were quite common and she was considered an extremely important goddess.
She was represented by the pylons outside of temples in her role as a protective goddess of souls. She was associated with death from an early period and was regularly invoked during funeral services. Professional mourners at Egyptian funerals were known as "Hawks of Nephthys" and she is one of the four goddesses (along with Isis, Selket, and Neith) whose images were found in the tomb of Tutankhamun as guardians of his canopic vessels.
It's protected under plexiglass in a custom museum display to keep it looking pristine, ensuring protection of your investment while allowing you to fully appreciate this piece of collectible ancient history. The customized descriptive metallic plaque, in addition to the detailed finishing, add to the elegant and sophisticated, gallery-quality aesthetic. Unique and one-of-a-kind, you'll receive the exact piece shown in the photos.
Complete with a certificate of authenticity, this piece is an exciting investment that will only get better with age.
— Amulet Dimensions: 3/8"L X 1"W x 2"H
— Amulet Dimensions with Display: 4"L x 3"W x 4.5"H
— Authentic and genuine Artifact
— Since every piece is real and unique, it may very slightly differ from pictures shown
— Protected in a Removable Custom Museum Quality Plexiglass display
— Customized Descriptive Metallic Plaque
— Collector-Inspired attention to detail
— Includes Certificate Of authenticity
Estimated delivery time:
Canada: 1-5 business days
United States: 1-9 business days
Asia: 6-12 business days
Europe: 5-10 business days
Australia: 7-14 business days
Professional packaging for a safe delivery. Every element of the frame or display for your piece is hand-crafted with the highest quality materials, design and workmanship (plates, design, glass, matting, frame, assembly etc...) and we pay great attention to every presentation detail. Once your item is ready to be shipped you may rest assured that we go to great lengths to make sure that your package arrives safely, each item is wrapped with multiple layers of paper and or cardboard and bubble wrap, frames will have bubble wrap bumpers on every corner, displays will be attached to the base and will be wrapped with 1 inch thick bubble wrapping, ensuring the protection during shipping.
- To insure the quickest and safest delivery possible, the cost of freight includes Express services directly from our Canadian location to you (Ground services are never utilized)
- The cost of freight is determined on the destination, size, weight and value of your item(s) (value determines insurable amount to be given)
- Items are up to 50% larger and heavier when packaged due to the custom professional protective layering to safely transport your valuables internationally.
- The cost for the shipping of your item(s) is determined by the leading transporter for your specific sector, for which we - and therefore you - benefit from the lowest volume discounts available through: UPS, FedEx, Purolator, DHL, etc.
- The cost of your shipment includes full insurance coverage for any/all damages incurred during transit, as well as loss or theft.
- The cost of your shipment includes tracking information which will be provided via your contact email the moment it departs our Canadian facility and is on route to you.
SHOULD YOU WISH TO USE YOUR SHIPPING ACCOUNT, PLEASE CONTACT US BEFORE COMPLETING YOUR ORDER. WE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH THE NECESSARY INFORMATION FOR YOUR COURIER OF YOUR CHOICE TO ISSUE SHIPPING LABELS - IF YOU WISH TO DO SO AFTER YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN PLACED, SIMPLY NOTIFY US WITHIN 48HRS FOR A FULL FREIGHT COST REFUND (EXCLUDING PACKAGING AND LABOR)
*Please note that by taking responsibility of your transport and making your own shipping arrangements, RARE-T can no longer be responsible for providing tracking information and/or insurance for possible damage, theft and/or loss incurred during transit.